Mapsoft have been providing consultancy in the graphic design, print and publishing industries for several decades. In this time we have been working with large and small organisations helping them with solutions either just as consultants and/or providing software solutions.
Best use of Adobe® and other applications and technologies to optimise existing worflows or create new ones. Most appllications have technical possibilities of being scripted, extended and/or being called from each other and we have extensive experience of providing such solutions. For example, Adobe® Indesign can be scripted through calls to the application or have functionality added internally. It can talk to other applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop and can also access cloud services not just from Adobe®, but also further afield.
PDF and Print Solutions Consultancy
Mapsoft has been working with Adobe® Acrobat® since Version 1.0 and PDF version 1.0 was released and worked with Adobe® to produce the first PDF export function for Adobe® PageMaker. We are well placed to offer a complete range of services based around Acrobat® and/or PDF technology. We have also been OEM licensees of the Adobe® PDF library for many years. The Adobe® PDF Library the engine used in Adobe®s products that make use of PDF including Adobe® Acrobat® most of the Adobe® CC products.
Areas of PDF consultancy include:
- General advice on the use of Acrobat and its benefits when applied to corporate and high end graphics/printing environments.
- Development of plug-ins for Adobe® Acrobat® and the Acrobat® Reader.
- Custom Installers for installing Acrobat and PDFs from CDs or the World Wide Web.
- Integration of Acrobat Technology and/or PDF into other systems. We can create solutions based on our PDF workflow server technology and we license Adobe®'s own Adobe® PDF library technology.
- Creation of PDF files from most major applications on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Capture of hard copy to Acrobat PDF including character recognition.
- PDF Server solutions.
- Creation of training courses related to projects that we have been involved in as part of a total or partial solution
- Writing of technical documentation