Software Consultancy Services
Mapsoft has been providing software consulting services and development services in the graphic design, print, and publishing industries for several decades. During this time, we have worked with both large and small organizations, helping them find solutions as consultants or by providing software solutions.
Enhancing your Workflow for Optimal Productivity and Efficiency
Make the best use of Adobe® and other applications and technologies to optimize existing workflows or to create new ones.
With our software consultancy services, we can advise on how to script, extend, or call most applications from each other. Additionally, we have extensive experience in providing such solutions. For example, you can script Adobe® InDesign through calls to the application or add functionality internally. Furthermore, it can interact with other applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop. Moreover, it can also access cloud services and databases not only from Adobe® but also from other providers.
Mapsoft has worked with Adobe® Acrobat® since Version 1.0 and the release of PDF version 1.0, collaborating with Adobe® to produce the first PDF export function for Adobe® PageMaker. Our team comes fully equipped to deliver a comprehensive suite of services centered on Acrobat® and/or PDF technology. For many years, we have also held an OEM license for the Adobe® PDF Library, the same engine that powers PDF utilization in Adobe® products, including Adobe® Acrobat® and most Adobe® CC products.
Areas of PDF consultancy include:
- General advice on using Acrobat and its benefits in corporate and high-end graphics/printing environments.
- Software consultancy services for the Development of plug-ins for Adobe® Acrobat® and the Acrobat® Reader.
- Creating custom installers for installing Acrobat and PDFs from CDs or the World Wide Web.
- Integrating Acrobat Technology and/or PDF into other systems. We can develop solutions based on our PDF workflow server technology and license Adobe®’s own Adobe® PDF library technology.
- Generating PDF files from most major applications on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Converting hard copy to Acrobat PDF, including character recognition.
- Offering PDF Server solutions.
- Designing training courses related to projects we have been involved in as part of a total or partial solution.
- Producing technical documentation.
Please be aware that we will invoice any consultancy work not resulting in a chargeable development project on a time and materials basis. This means we will charge you for the time spent on the work and any materials or expenses incurred. It’s important to carefully consider the work’s scope and its potential to lead to a chargeable development project before proceeding. We normally provide some time free of charge in initial discussions. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to raise them during those initial discussions.